Wanted: '65-'70 Big Car Dual Exhaust Manifolds

Bears repeating that to do a dual exhaust conversion properly on 65-70 B&C Olds, you also need the specially curved shift linkage that goes between the steering column and the bellcrank. Also- for whatever unknown reason, the 70 LH is a different p/n than the 65-69, although they are visually the same? <P>DeltaBravo, you don't ask for much. The last LH I saw went for nearly $300 at Carlisle, and I haven't found any in a junkyard in years.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if this will help any, but here are my recollections from putting duals on a 1970 98 using factory parts in 1976. The 70 98 did not come from the factory with duals, not even as an option. I bought a new 1967 98 left side exhaust manifold, and everything bolted on using 1967 left side Walker pipes and muffler, and resonator eliminator. The 1970 frame had the holes punched for the exhaust hangers in all the right places. The shift linkage cleared as well. The car is a bit rough now, but I still have it. It runs strong even after all these years. So the left manifold is worth $300.00? Wow.<p>[ 01-18-2002: Message edited by: Chuck R ]

• 3 weeks later...

I got a shot peened "S" casting x-man (part number 384895) from Mondello a couple of months ago for about $265.<P>I will be putting it on my '70 98 here in a few weeks. I don't know if I'll need to do the shift linkage mod or not, but it (mod diagram) is on the 442.com site in the tech section.<P>I ordered and received a complete dual system from FinishLine Performance out of IL. Don, the tech there knew exactly what I needed including verifying I had the "S" X-man. $310 including the plug for the RH X-man and DynoMax mufflers.<P>I'm real interested to see what if any gains I get out of this mod, but stuffing 455 cu/in of exhaust gas out a single pipe can't be real efficient. shocked.gif" border="0<P><I>Update:</I> I confirmed that the shift linkage WILL clear the LH pipe. Why they put that on their without the dual option is unclear, but it definatly is the correct piece.<p>[ 02-19-2002: Message edited by: aftrbrn ]

• 3 weeks later...