Outside rear view mirros for 1937 Packard 120 Convertible Coupe

pint4

I am looking for a pair of the correct outside rear view mirrors for a 1937 Packard 120 Convertible Coupe.  They mount on the windshield frame with screws to fasten them in place.  I believe Jay Fischer reproduced them when he was alive but am not sure where his inventory went when he passed on or if anyone else is reproducing these mirrors. I am interested in original mirrors or reproductions.  With the tiny rear view window, it is near impossible to drive the car without outside mirrors of some type.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen a 37 Six Convertible with a mirror like you described. It was only on the driver side. It is a most attractive mirror and I see why you would like a pair. I imagine these mirrors are no longer available, but wish you good luck in finding them.

I mounted a pair of "Peep" mirrors on my 1089. These are the type favored by the hot rod and street rod crowd. I mounted them on the top of the vent window frames. The provide excellent rear vision and the one on the passenger side is a great benefit to have. It worked well, but I wanted to have a bit more field of vision and pasted on one of those convex mirrors. They are attractive and look period albeit non-authentic. One draw back is the vent window opening is limited to 90 deg. because I wanted the mirrors as far back on the door as possible. Function over form.

(o[]o)

Thanks for the suggestion but at this point I am going to hold off a while longer.  Although I will say, it looks like no one has any for sale or knows anyone reproducing them.  Next best option, is I have a set made from scratch.  if someone has a set of originals and could make drawings documenting the details and dimensions along with photos, I can then find a source to reproduce them.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!