HISTORIC CARS OF LANSING

s.zaban

Ya a GREAT SHOW!!!! Hope we all could work towards a common intrest like the boot wearing cowboy eluded to. It was amazing what could be done with a volenteer work force.I was proud to be part of it.

I took my 65 Cutlass conv.and it was great! Parked it in the park with a lot of shade trees, spent a lot of time and money at the flea market with 100% olds parts. On the way back to Pa. caravaned back with 3 cars, mine,a 55olds 98, a 59olds conv, a 63 98. We stopped halfway and checked gas milage, everone averaged 14 to 16 exceped me, I had the biggest engine-66 Starfire 425 and the lightest car and got 21 m.p.g.

I agree with all of you, it was a great show and a great location. I also parked under the trees along the river. It sure beats a hot parking lot. I also walked to the city market, downtown and to both Olds Musuems. I am ready to come back the next time they do it. How come the homecoming show is not down by the river? Do any of you know the guy that runs the homecoming show? Please ask him to move the show from the hot parking lot to the river!!!!! grin.gif" border="0

We have tried to no avail . Ever try to work with a city? Only option would be the park where the swap meet was but there is no parking for spectators. Lansing has several other show ,the only ones to use the river side has been Olds B-days. Just dont have the pull GM does.

Just a thought, since the museum and the heritage center are downtown and benefit from these car shows, can't someone from either of these outfits take the lead and get the parks? I live in Owosso and know some of the people at the museum. I can talk to them if it would help. rolleyes.gif" border="0

I thought the show was fantastic! It was my first Olds Nationals since I just got my 71 Cutlass S restored this spring. I could not believe the beautiful cars that were there. The only bad thing was that I was hoping to find a 1963 Olds Dynamic 88 I could look at. That was my first car & it got me hooked on Oldsmobiles. Since then I have owned seven Oldsmobiles. I currently have three of them. One doesn't run right now but I can't get myself to sell it. John's comments were great! I'm ready to go to Cinci now! I live in northern Michigan so it was close to home this time, but I'd gladly go to Cinci to see all those Olds again!