show car?

The best way I know for you to make your car an award winner is to send a self addressed stamped envelope to the BCA office requesting your judging sheet from the last national. You will also need to include your registration number. The judging sheet will show everything that the judges found wrong with your car thus helping you to correct them for the next National. <P>Hope this helps and good luck.<P>Don

Jerry, let me start over. How does your car look or should I say how close to new does your car appear? Is the car the correct color and what kind of condition is the paint in? The interior will hold the same questions. Make sure you clean the door jams and around the hinges. Clean and polish everything. Is the carpet worn? How is the chrome plated plastic parts meaning is the chrome worn off etc. Under the hood, is the engine the correct color, are the hoses black and not red as some after market heater hoses? Make sure you have the correct hose clamps and a Delco battery would help on the points as well. Basically try to make it look as close as possible to the day it came off the assembly line. I got the judging sheet from the National Meet in Richmond to see where I had made mistakes with my 66 Wildcat. I was pleased it earned a Bronze and I feel this is what it should have received. The car has the orginal paint and interior which is where I lost points. I also lost points because I am running radial tires and do not have the original style T-3 headllights. It takes a lot of sweat and effort to get a car up to show quality and once you are there, you have something to be proud of. Good Luck!<P>Don <BR>

Well the paint isn't original, it should be dark grey w/gold metalics, but instead it is very red. I just put factory original interior in it last year. The plastic chrome needs help, and the body is in good shape, I also have radial tires on it, and don't have a Delco battery. The top is about 5 years old, and so is the paint, although I sanded it down and buffed it out this past summer. The engine in orange like it should be, and has black hoses, the only thing is that I have a Carter AFB, instead of the quadrajet. Everything else is pretty close to how it should be. Thank you all for your input.<P>Jerry