1966 Wildcat GS Hard Tops How Many?

Don McClair

Does anyone know how many 1966 Wildcat 2 door hard tops with the Gran Sport option were made? Mine is red with white interior and I am the fourth owner of this car. It still has the original paint and upholstery and earned a Bronze Award at the Richmond National. There is a lot of work yet to be done but I am curious how many of these were made. Thanks in advance to anyone who knows.

Hi Don, <BR>I am the owner of a 1966 GS Wildcat convt.<BR>Is your car a custom or standard series?<BR>I will send you a factory production list of all GS models, including options. Like the convts there are not too many original Wildcats around. A must is the production sheet from the car, have you found one yet?<BR>This will prove that your car is an original GS. and not a clone. I have been trying to locate owners of the convts, not too much sucess, only found 3 so far, out of a production number of 198. <P>Jim Schilf /palbuick@aol.com

Hi Don, <BR>I am the owner of a 1966 GS Wildcat convt.<BR>Is your car a custom or standard series?<BR>I will send you a factory production list of all GS models, including options. Like the convts there are not too many original Wildcats around. A must is the production sheet from the car, have you found one yet?<BR>This will prove that your car is an original GS. and not a clone. I have been trying to locate owners of the convts, not too much sucess, only found 3 so far, out of a production number of 198. <P>Jim Schilf /palbuick@aol.com

Thanks for the reply Jim. My car is the Custom and I have the original Build sheet. I found one inside the right front fender and one under the back seat and it is a GS. The car was sold new in Mechanicsburg Pa and my brother bought it off the second owners estate and I bought it off my brother. I really appreciate your help. I have seen very few of these fine cars and am just trying to find out how rare it is. I saw your posts about the convertibles and was really suprised at the low number that were built. Thanks again.<P>My e-mail address is ridge271@att.net

hi i am the owner of a 1966 wildcat gs custom the serial # is 466376x112235.It is creme bamboo with a black vinyl roof and black interior. I also have the build sheet for this car. It was built in Kansas City plant.Do you happen to know the production numbers for this model? I really would like to find out! I also have a wildcat factory 4 speed.This classic is Diplomat blue. Do you have production #'s on this car? Thanks for any info you can give me. John

hi i am the owner of a 1966 wildcat gs custom the serial # is 466376x112235.It is creme bamboo with a black vinyl roof and black interior. I also have the build sheet for this car. It was built in Kansas City plant.Do you happen to know the production numbers for this model? I really would like to find out! I also have a wildcat factory 4 speed.This classic is Diplomat blue. Do you have production #'s on this car? Thanks for any info you can give me. John

Hi guys, I have yet to see a 66 GS in person(can't wait either!). I do however have tons of 66 Wildcat stuff for sale at reasonable prices as I need the $$$ and space for my 55 stuff.<BR> I have a lot of everything, literature,NOS,excellent used, on & on....<BR> This stuff must go soon as I would rather sell it at a bit of a loss than trade it all as a lot for something worth less.<BR> No engine or trans stuff or drivetrain, but loads of other goodies!!!<P> Drop me an E @ dlw29@hotmail.com<P> Thanks,don55

Hi guys, I have yet to see a 66 GS in person(can't wait either!). I do however have tons of 66 Wildcat stuff for sale at reasonable prices as I need the $$$ and space for my 55 stuff.<BR> I have a lot of everything, literature,NOS,excellent used, on & on....<BR> This stuff must go soon as I would rather sell it at a bit of a loss than trade it all as a lot for something worth less.<BR> No engine or trans stuff or drivetrain, but loads of other goodies!!!<P> Drop me an E @ dlw29@hotmail.com<P> Thanks,don55

• 2 weeks later...