1956 Estate Wagon Split 60/40 Seats

Long Roof

My wagon came with the one piece rear seat. Several  years ago I purchased a split seat from another 1956 Century wagon to put in as a replacement. Well, that project has risen to the top of the list and now that I have the seats spread out in the shop I have questions.

It looks like I may be missing the brackets that would go between the left and right seat sections. Does anybody have a parts diagram or good photos that would show the split seats and associated hardware used to mount them?

I need to find out what I am missing. I could always install the old one piece seat but liked the idea of the split seat. I was going to reupholster the rear seat this winter but don't want to start on the split seat if I can't get all of the brackets.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve,

It is hard to get a pic with the seats installed. I snapped a few pics. One is of the floor where there is a "seat rest" between the two seats.

If you find a bracket, you might ask for the disassembler to cut a big chunk around it for placement purposes. 

Sorry man, this is the best I can do.

IMG_0609.JPG

IMG_0611.JPG

IMG_0612.JPG

Thanks for the pictures Mike. Looks like I am missing most of the hardware that goes between the seats. Too bad, the seats them selves are in good shape. Always thought the split seats were a neat option.

I may reconsider and just re-upholster my original one piece back seat. I am afraid it would be difficult to pick up the missing parts. Will have to mull it over this weekend.

• Like 1