1994 Mercury Capri

I have numerous gremlins I need to vanquish from a 1994 93k mile Capri.  I have the FSM for it that's seen better days.  It's got just about every other page smeared with grease like a finger painting of the dark side of the moon!!!  Its been sitting for two winters going on three.  Its been started about every three months.  I know it was running cuz I parked it out back of the garage.  It was showing the signs of either a bad fan motor or some sensor not turning the fan on so it was starting to over heat a couple of times but turned off before it melted anything.  I did notice that the hydraulic clutch reservoir was dry by this Summer.  I'm thinking its leaking somewhere.  Id like the idea of a 35+mpg car regardless of the lower price of fuel right now so I don't think I want to get rid of it.  I just retired recently so I have no excuses not to repair it.  I traded a rust free 1984 Turbo 4cyl Lebaron Convertible from Colorado for it....from a 16 year old kid who wanted a "Grandma Sleeper".  Regretted it every since.  The kid had the Lebaron torn up within 3 months.  Anyway, I'm hoping to find someone on this forum familiar with this vehical so I can get it back in drivable condition.  I'm currently taking stock of all the problems with the car.  First would be the fan not coming on when the engine gets to operationg temperature.  I will start with checking the fan electrical connections and fan motor condition.  tThen on to the clutch and slave cylinder for their condition.  I recall there was a problem with the heater too.  It is a problem with the blend door opening to allow heat into the cabin.  It would only get luke warm on wintery days.  The 16 year old had spliced led interior lights into whatever wire he found with voltage.  Shouldve tipped me off to the fate awaiting the old Lebaron.  Anyway, I will be back with questions on this one.  -PTT   

• 4 weeks later...