Maxwell Racing Time Chart

hddennis

Just acquired this off eBay. May well be the only surviving example. Maxwell Racing Time Chart. On the back is a chart. It measures 4 3/4 x 2 1/4. laminated and very good condition. Judging by the car and the mention of Indy I'm guessing this is from 1914-1915. Anyone seen another? Any history known or input on where this would have been given to or acquired by the general public?

Howard Dennis

Racing Time Chart  Front 1 - Copy.JPG

Racing Time Chart Back.JPG

Peter, I had the same reaction several years ago when someone mentioned Maxwell racing cars. I countered with the remark that an engine with 20-25 HP, 178? cubic inches and only 2 main bearings did not seem like a very good formula to go racing with. When you start searching and it is hard to find but Maxwell just like the modern 10,000 HP drag racers today made a racer that had name only in common with the product that was on the showroom floor. Maxwell racers started at 445 cubic inches and were mandated back to 300 cubic inches, overhead cams, ball main bearings, and ran on both gas and kerosene and were quite successful.

Howard Dennis

max1.jpg

max2.jpg

max3.jpg

2lcbm0p.jpg

Maxwell%2032-Billy%20Carlson-1914.jpg