Clearing Codes 1990 Reatta

Steve2150

Have a 1990 Reatta, gas the E041 code, on previous posts listed what was changed such as ecm, crank sensor, cam sensor, oxygen sensor, water pump (was leaking) changed to the red antifreeze had green before, new coils, new ignition module, still have the E041. Each time try to clear will show, clear E codes ?, E codes not Clear, E codes clear. If I have a B code I never get the codes not clear message, wonder if there is a problem clearing the e codes.

Steve I am not sure how your 90 will read on the BC5 pin. My 88 and Ronnie's show almost no voltage variation. .1 is the best I get. switch DVM to frequency setting and you should get good pulse readings.The 89 FSM does not seem to be correct for the voltage readings stated in it. My 88  is still showing E041 code and it won't clear. I am ignoring this on mine because I have gone thru all systems that it is involved in. My car still has miss under load but hope to have that solved this weekend. I am sure the E041 code will still be present.  How is the car running. If its running good you are wasting your time over the E041 in my opinion, I have spent many hours on my car on this and know its not accurate on mine.