30 Buick Model 68 measurements needed

gfw2

Hi 

I'm trying to piece back together a 1930 model 68.I bought this years ago as a left over parts car and now it's time for me to put the body together .Only problem is it came without 90% of it's wood. If i can get some pictures of the complete sills with measurements (Inside and outside please) at front, rear and the cross sills .  It would be a great help.

Thanks 

George

Edited by gfw2 (see edit history)

George,

I will try to get some pictures of the sills for you but there may not be much to see.  Problem is when the body is on the car (as mine is now) the sills are mostly covered by the bodywork and the frame.  About a year ago I had the body off the frame and at that time they were very visible and accessible.  Now, not so much.

Anyway I will assist where possible.

Thanks,

George,

I came across something that should be helpful to you.  On the Yahoo group for 1930 Buick (I think you are a member) in the photos section there are some photos of templates for the wooden sills for a 1930 60 series Buick that you are looking for.  I am not sure what model, but there should be a lot of similarities in any case.

These were posted by group member "enrdog72" and are considerably better than anything that I could get for you.  I will try to get what dimensions I can this coming weekend.

Thanks Michael  I had forgotten about those pictures. I'll go back and look.

Thanks again for getting the measurements.

George

I'm starting to put together a list of chassis parts,brake parts and extra rims that i have and will be parting with also I'm also looking for a front bumper for my 30 and have 28-29 bumpers that i dont need and will part with.

George 

Edited by gfw2 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike

The pictures were still there, it took me a while to to get back in as i haven't been on that site for quite a while. If you are near your coupe any time soon and can get me the distance between the doors at the top and bottom, front and back that would be a great help.

Let me know if you are missing any other parts for your restoration. I have been gathering extra parts for mine for the last seven years and i'm going to try and trade for some of the parts i need,.

Thanks 

George

On 8/7/2016 at 0:23 PM, gfw2 said:

Hi Mike

The pictures were still there, it took me a while to to get back in as i haven't been on that site for quite a while. If you are near your coupe any time soon and can get me the distance between the doors at the top and bottom, front and back that would be a great help.

Let me know if you are missing any other parts for your restoration. I have been gathering extra parts for mine for the last seven years and i'm going to try and trade for some of the parts i need,.

Thanks 

George

George, 

I have some measurements for you on the Buick:

At the Rear bottom of the doors, from one side of the car to the other, and the outermost edge of the metal, the distance is 52 1/2 inches.   In the picture it looks like 52 1/4 but that is because  the end of the tape is holding on to the higher edge. 

Back_door_bottom_1.jpg

At the Front bottom of the doors, from one side of the car to the other, and the outermost edge of the metal, the distance is 43 1/4 inches.

I need to know where exactly you want me to make the measurements at the top of the doors.  I am attaching a picture of the back side of the top door opening.  Note that the outermost portion of the metal in the photo is the edge of the driprail.  Do you want the measurement from side to side on the outside of the driprail or somewhere else?

Back_door_top_1.jpg

Edited by michaelod (see edit history)