Northway Engine

Can anyone give me detailed info on the 1910 Northway engine. It is in a 1910 Cole 30 and is the only 1910 Cole that exists. I have no info on it and cannot compare it to the 1911 Cole, the engine is different in the "11". Any thing would be helpful.

• 4 years later...
Guest EMF-Owner

I know of a 1910 Cole Toy Tonneau in Iowa, so this is either the same car and I know the owner, or the car I know of is not a 1910 Cole, or this is not the only 1910 Cole. The first name of the owner I know is Brad. Is this Brad?

John

I also believe there is a 1910, or maybe a 1911 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum, and a 1919 at the Auburn Cord Dusenberg in Auburn, Indiana. There was a 1913 in Illinois, but it went somewhere in Florida. I would begin by talking to them, you will enjoy talking to the people at both museums. Northway was actually bought by GM in 1909, but not considered to be "exclusive" to GM, they didn't really even admit to the ownership until 1912, and allowed them to produce motors for about anybody,... they were a VERY good engine, used in Coles, ReVere, Cadillac, Oldsmobile and a lot of really decent cars.

I serviced the 1911 Cole in the attached photo for several years, what details do you require. I don't believe I ever made a photo of the engine compartment as many times as I was under the hood.

It used a Northway 4 cylinder engine. Stude8

Guest Feichtmeir

As this has become a Cole Conversation - I am not sure how to attach pictures to this but I have a shot of the engine of the original 1911 Cole in the last post and can forward it to anyone interested.

I also am selling my 1919 Cole 4 Passenger Sporster touring - this is a dual windshield car with wire wheels. I have put an overdrive in it to reduce the final drive to 2.95/1 and cruise comfortably at 60 mph... it's fun to pass the Pierce 66's and other big cars! The car is in good "driver" condition and mechanically rebuilt and perfect. Please let me know if anyone would be interested out there... I have many pictures I can pass along. I am asking $50,000 and open to offers/trades/etc.

Colin Feichtmeir

408-615-3443

colin@cps-co.com