57-8 Hawk

Hi, I was "surfing" the internet and found this section. My mother recently passed away and I ended up with a 1957 Studebaker that my parents bought new at the local dealership in June of 1957. The paperwork I found on it says it is a "Golden Hawk 400" I do not know if this is what your looking for or not, the car has 5 little chrome strips on the side of the "fins" and it has a tan leather interior. My father passed away about 5 years after they bought the car, and due to my mother's poor eyesight, the car was never driven after that. It has been garaged until her recent death. I started up the car, drove it around the block and had it serviced and washed, it is a very quiet car, you can't hear the engine running, everything works on it and the interior still smells like new. There does not appear to be any wear on the carpets or seats (mom covered them with bed sheets) The outside of the car is just as shiny as it was when new. The only thing I can see that it might need is the tires rotated since it sat so long. The odometer is showing 14,329 miles on it. I believe this is the original mileage as I found all the dealership service receipts in the glove box and the last one which is dated January 1962 shows the mileage as 14,015. My Father passed away in March of that year and it was not driven after that. Anyway, I looked in the paper and saw someone else locally here advertising a 1956 Studebaker for $1,000. dollars, and since the car is in such nice shape I would need to have at least $1,500. for it. If you are interested in buying it, you would need to come pick it up as I am disabled, have no other family, and cannot help you with any transportation issues. I need to get rid of it in the next 45 days since my mother's house is in escrow and I will be moving into a care facility. If I get no response from this posting in the next 30 days, then I will either let it go with the house or donated it to one of these charities always advertising on the radio. Please contact me if you are interested.

Hi, I am interest in the hawk and may be able to make you a good offer!! Feel free to call me any time! 1 (509) 673-3044

This looks like a feeding frensy around an unbelievable story. If in fact this car and story are real we all know the money should be much greater than what is being asked. If this is for real the seller might contact me about where to advertise/sell their car for a decent price. nsurit@aol.com

Hi everyone,<BR>As the Webmaster of <A HREF="http://www.antiquestudebakerclub.com" TARGET=_blank>www.antiquestudebakerclub.com</A> and the administrator of this section of the discussion forum, normally I would have deleted this posting since it relates to a post war wanted ad, and not to Pre-WW2 Studebaker related items, as this section is designed for. I am allowing it to continue since it is a perfect example of how the person who posted this note, probably would own this car by now had he entered some type of contact information about himself for the owner of this car to get a hold of him. It never ceases to amaze me how people can posses the intelligence to operate a computer, but lack the common sense to fill out a simple form, or see they are in the wrong forum. It is obvious that the first person who started this whole frenzy by not leaving any contact information, will ultimately end up being the last person to end up with the car. I wonder how it feels to know you came so close to such a great deal, only to have it slip through your fingers because you didn't want to say who you were? So, how did you think anyone with a car like the one you were looking for was ever going to get back in touch with you? Through telepathy or the process of Osmosis? To all of you GOOD LUCK!!!!<p>[ 07-11-2002: Message edited by: ASCwebmaster ]

Add me to the feeding frenzy list. I am also interested in this car.<P>Thanks,<P>Joel Rosenberg (860) 871-6720<P>jrosen@cfa.harvard.edu