650R16 TIRES

I've decided that I want a bigger tire on my car then the size it has. The stock size in 1938 was a 650/16 tire, of course they didn't have radials back then. When I bought my car in June it still had the original tires on it which were 77 years old with only 18000 miles on them. Since I wanted to drive the car on a regular basis I bought new tires. I was told that Coker made a radial tire with a wide white wall that looked like a bias and so a set was purchased with new tubes and had the dealer that sold me the car install them before he shipped the car to me. Now I wish that I would have bought 750/16 instead of 650/16 even though it would mean that the car would lose points if it were in a AACA show. I don't care about that since I mainly just like driving the car. In any case the tires were 280.00 each and new tubes and taxes put each tire at about 325 dollars. I ordered a set of the 750//16 wide white wall tires today and they were even more, over 1600 dollars. If someone on the Pre War Buick site would like to buy the 650/16 tires I will sell all four of them with the new tubes for 600 dollars and ship them to you at cost. I paid eighty dollars to have my new ones shipped to me. The tires still are like brand new and still have the titties sticking out of them. The white walls are still flawless. I like the way the larger tires look as they will fill in the fender well better and give a slightly higher overall rear axle ratio.

If interested call DAVE at 702 592 8052

post-154011-0-47599200-1445475444_thumb.

Edited by LAS VEGAS DAVE (see edit history)