1951 and 1953 Cadillac Sedan Bodies

danleblanc

Does anyone know of any major differences in bodies between 1951 and 1953 Cadillac sedans?

My 53 Sedan I'm working on has a very rusty body.  I found a nice solid 1951 Sedan body and, other than the 3 piece rear window in the 51 versus the 1 piece in 1953, I'd like to know if anyone knows if everything else would work.

How hard is it to swap a roof?  The car is about 6 hours from me so, maybe I could get lucky and the division rails in the rear window could be cut out, the pinchweld reworked, and the 53 glass would fit in.  Worst case would be swapping the roof of course.

The parts car is $500.  Before I drop it, I would like to be fairly certain it could work.

Guest Bob Call

Dan:

My Hollander interchange shows that you may have an interchange between a 51 and 53 sedan roofs.

A 1950-51 Series 60 and 62 sedans have an interchange #35 roof, and, a 1952-53 Series 60 and 62 sedans also have an interchange #35 roof.

So, if your donor and/or recipient cars are Series 60 and/or 62 the transplant can be done. Probably a project best left to an experienced body man.

Edited by Bob Call (see edit history)