Selling a 1966 buick Skylark G-S

Guest gm-guy

Guest gm-guy

hi, im looking to sell this to some one who can use some parts or possible restrore. don't want it to be crushed.  factory 4 speed car, I don't think its original engine. I would welcome any info as to the value of the car. text me for more info or pics that will help.   thanks, Frank  419 619-9017    the car is in northwest Ohio.

post-154379-0-72009000-1439469696_thumb.

post-154379-0-20196100-1439469707_thumb.

post-154379-0-92631900-1439469717_thumb.

post-154379-0-72960200-1439469724_thumb.

Way too good to crush. Quite a rare car looking for the right owner. Probably not worth all that much as is , but you can bet someone will give you several times scrap value for it.  Wish my 69 G.S. 400 was a 4 spd. { it's a turbo 400}. These early muscle car survivors are rare. Would you even think of scrap if it was a SS 396 Chevelle;  this is Buick's version of the same car, except a nicer interior.

Greg in Canada

Guest gm-guy

I have no intension or crushing it.  its way to cool! but I don't have the means to bring it back.  I saved it from the crusher!  I drove it prolly 30 years ago and it rocked! I think the engine is now a 455 out of a wildcat or a 389 out of a Bonneville. I need to  get the time to look up buick block #.   funny you made the comment about the chevelle, the guy across the street called me and asked if I wanted to sell the 66 chevelle. from what I've read this was faster than the chevelle. with 395hp and 450 ft.torque.

Edited by gm-guy (see edit history)

It should not be difficult to determine if it is a Pontiac or Buick engine based on outside appearance. They are superficially similar but quite different in many easy to determine ways.  Google a good photo of each.  Are you sure it doesn't still have the original 401 "nailhead" style Buick engine ? Any of the later Buick { 1968 and up) big blocks ; 400, 430, 455, would be an after the fact transplant.  Unless it still has the original engine, the value is in the car itself.  Most potential buyers will want to bring it back closer to original specification.  If it has a 455 swap that's fine with me; it is the best engine of the bunch, but from a market point of view original is best.

Greg in Canada

Guest gm-guy

ok did some checking, it does have a 65 401 in it. car was  #60 built in flint mi, original color was maroon with blank int.

Good to hear a 401 is still present. This should be a reasonably easy sell as long as your price Is realistic. For some reason GS's always seem to lag SS 396 prices {and usually GTO's}. They are just a nicer {and rarer} version of the same package. I like my 69 a lot, have owned it for 25 years.  It also needs a restoration after lots of use by myself and my wife. It still drives fine, but age and the tin worm are becoming too obvious to ignore.

Good luck with finding a new owner. Or keep it yourself, I don't think you would regret it in the long run.

Greg in Canada

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)

Guest gm-guy

ill double check on the linkage, but tranny and shifter is there. shifter not hooked up.  text me at the above #. thanks!

• 8 years later...