1929 Pontiac fwd engine mount hardware?

Paranoid

Good morning gentlemen....

I usually exhaust all my resources before I post any Q's on here and this one is no acception.

For the life of me I cannot find any images of the hardware used for the fwd engine mount on the 6 29-A Split Six..I have the Oak/Pont manuals and no reference to this is noted..

Searched web images in hopes catching one with the proper angle to get a visual of this area and has left me still wanting...

If anyone has access to this and could submit an image? I sure would appreciate it.

Russell.

Thanks Aussie,

With the engine mounting plate sitting directly on the cross member of the frame, there don't appear to be enough room to slip the belt between the pulley and the surface of the cross member.

Much gratitude for the reply...

Russell.

I don't have a picture. (sorry)  My original ones were a grommet that went through the hole in the front plate of the engine.  The grommet  was 1/4" thick below the engine plate and 1/4" thick above the plate.  3/4" diameter where it went through the plate and 1 1/4" diameter above the plate.  There was a pipe a little over 1/2 inch long in the middle of the grommet with a 5/16"id for the mounting bolt.  Above and below the mount was a washer 1" od and 5/16" id.  It looked like originally the pipe was vulcanized into the grommet.

When I replaced mine I used an exhaust hanger as a spacer between the frame and the engine drilled 5/16" holes at the proper place and filled the 3/4 hole in the engine bracket with a shock grommet cut to fit and a washer above and below.  This exhaust hanger was just thick enough to make changing the belt easy.  Also it set the crankshaft on the same plane as the pinion shaft so no binding of the u-joints.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)