Car and Driver Television Show

Hello,<BR> I am a segment producer for the "Car and Driver Television" show that airs on TNN. We produce a five minute segment on Classic and Antique cars that appears in every episode. I'm looking for some classic car owners who live in the Nashville, TN area that would like to get their car on TV. It would take a full day of shooting including an interview with the owner. We need cars that can be driven on public roads, are in good shape and are complete and appear original. A model that has some historical significance would help but is not imperative(e.g. first time they used a V-8 in that model, major body changes, major suspension changes, etc.) We are now shooting segments for the 2002 season and need a pool of cars to choose from. We obviously won't be able to use every car submitted, but availablity is a key factor in our choice. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Please reach me at dhester@rtmtv.com. <BR>Thank you, Dana Hester.<BR> dhester@rtmtv.com

Hello all, I sent an E-Mail to Dana, In response to her request for cars to use in the show. This is the reply I receive back from her "" ÿþ<- "", this might be legitimate, or just a way to get names and phone numbers, for what I don't know. If you want to respond to this request, Please do so, but only use your E-Mail, remember, never give your address or phone number to anyone you don't know over the Internet.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jim,<BR>The return that you got is a malfunction of Dana's email system. Most likely Outlook Express. It often happens when the "Reply" function is used. <BR>I would send a second message to her to tell her what happened. She was given no indication of a problem.<BR>Ray

Ray, I have already done that, and in the subject box she has sent me a phone number. I will try to call her next week to see what this is all about. I will post any info I get for anyone that's interested.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, I have talk to Dana today, and so far it looks legitimate. They want to do some photos of my Packard 1404 in Oct. I'll keep you all posted on what happens.

• 4 weeks later...

I met with Dana today, and it is legitimate. The guys came up to the park here and did the shoot on the 36' 1404 Packard. They're a great group of guys and I had a lot of fun doing it, they filmed the car sitting, inside & out, them mounted cameras on it a took shots driving around. You would not believe all the work they have to do just to get enough film to make the segment that they show on TV. I'm looking forward to seeing it when they have it all done.