engine sizes

The Old Guy

Does anyone know the cubic inch displacement of the 1933 Packard twin six, the Lincoln KB<BR>series V-12,and the biggest engine Cunningham offered in 1933 ??? <BR> I was told they were all over 440 CID and I would like to know just how big they were. <BR> Thank you

#1. Lincoln KB 447.9 cid.#2.Packard was designated Twelve on 6 January 1933. 1932 was the last year of the Twin Six model identifier. Nonetheless, the displacement was 445.47 ci.#3 Cunningham ceased production in 1931 but may have been sold as new in 1932 and perhaps 1933. I don't know the displacement, but someone will come forth with the information. Information is from "Packard, A History of the Motor Car......" by Beverly Kimes and "Standard Catalog of American Cars 1805-1942" by Kimes and Clark. Hope this helps.

The Cunningham V8, introduced in 1916, was virtually identical to their 1929 engine. This V8 had a 441.7 CID. Since they ceased production in 1931, that year's engine was probably the same as 1929's. This information is from The Specification Book for U.S. Cars 1920-1929, edited by G. Marshall Naul.