CJE at SUNY Purchase Meet?

Guest boettger

Guest boettger

Anyone know when the CJE (Continuing Judges Education) is being held at The Westchester Region Meet at SUNY Purchase?

Steve ~ The CJE follows the Judges Breakfast by about an hour or so. Usually it is about 10 AM. Normally, the time and location is announced at the breakfast. <BR>Patt<p>[ 08-06-2002: Message edited by: Ms63falcon ]

Guest boettger

Thanks for the reply, but, I've missed the CJE at a meet by assuming that it was to take place after breakfast, only to find out that it happened Friday in conjunction with the Judges School! Anybody know for sure about the WRAACA Meet in a couple of weeks?

Steve ~ Where exactly did that occur? I thought the policy was that CJE is ALWAYS held on Saturday, after the judges breakfast and before judging. Normally 10AM.<P>If that is not the case, it would be interesting to know who instituted the change and who approved moving it to Fri.<P>hvs

Guest boettger

Howard,<BR>That occured at the Grand National Meet in Montoursville in 2000.<BR>At breakfast I was told that CJE took place yesterday at the Judges School!<BR>I hope it's offered after breakfast at SUNY Purchase. Been trying to get it done since then. It's tough when you can only attend Hershey and the Annual meeting at Phila.<BR>Finally another National Meet that I can get to. Also I'm bringing the '59 Metropolitan to the show in the new DPC. Really looking forward to participating with a car!

Steve ~ I think it is a safe bet that you will find a CJE on Saturday in NY. If I am wrong, will someone in authority please correct me. ~ hvs

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the CJE was tommorow (Friday) at 2:00pm in SUNY.. That is what is on the calendar from what I posted from the information I placed on the internet.<BR>Thanks

Guest MJJones

Steve: CJE, when it is offered, is always after the judges breakfast. Having it after a judging school on a Friday would miss the majority of the judges who signed up and may not be arriving in time for the Friday school. As for missing a CJE at Montoursville in 2000 - they didn't have one. CJE classes are not offered at Grand National Meets and not offered at Hershey.

Guest boettger

Thanks, Mike. I'll be there for Saturday Morning. At the time of the Grand National in Montoursville CJE was a relativly new concept, greatly missunderstood. Apparently it is still not understood by everyone!

Could it possibly be that there are some out there who do not know a CJE from a Judging School confused.gif" border="0 <P>In that case:<P>A Judging School is normally held on the Friday afternoon [occasionally in the AM]before the Saturday show. It normally lasts two hours. <P>A CJE [Continuing Judges Education] session is held at 10:00 AM on Saturday just before judging and lasts about 30 minutes. <P>Both the School and the CJE are worth one judging credit per year. There are ways to get two CJE credits in one year, but we won't confuse the issue even more by going into that here. But why a 30 minute CJE should entitle a judge to a credit, lord only knows. I guess collecting credits is more important than judging. rolleyes.gif" border="0 <P>hvs {who doesn't need or want any more credits}