Pressurized Fuel System questions

MrLiken

I am having problems keeping fuel flowing to the carb. I am now soaking the air pump cup leather because I have been pumping like crazy lately. I know that I have an issue with the exhaust cylinder pump, but not sure what exactly. It is not all that hard to take apart and clean out. Not sure what is not working there. Anyone with insight into the pump on the passenger side of the engine?

If I do elect to install a electric fuel pump, I am thinking a working pressure of 1.0 - 1.5 psi. Anyone know what I need for sure? It sure is fun getting this old lady out on the road after all these years. I can't wait to work out all of the bugs.

Are you sure you don't have any pressure leaks at any fittings? Cap is tight, tank is sealed etc. The very early pumps did not have a pressure regulator built in, does yours? If you do, maybe the spring is weak. Should be able to determine how much pressure your pump is building. If all else fails I would not use an electric pump, I'd switch to a vacuum tank.