0-60 time for Antiques

jac

In another thread I joked about the time required to go from 0-60 MPH for a '50 Chevy pickup. Since I am writing a article on this subject, how about some input from you guys and gals. Most of my info is at work but here are a couple to get started.<BR> 1949 Triumph 2000 Roadster---27.9 seconds<BR> 1958 Corvette 290 HP---------5.7 seconds<BR> How about the A and T, Marmon, Some of the '30s Fords, Buicks, Hudsons, etc.

Pretty cool article. What would be a lot of fun is arranging a day at a dragstrip for a bunch of classics and get their quarter mile times. It's a more useful measure than 0-60 and more accurate than trusting the old literature, which frequently lied or was provided "ringers" from the factory.<P>But then, finding a bunch of classic car owners willing to put the pedal to the metal may be difficult.<P>For the record my 1970 Charger, 318 powered, runs the quarter in about 17 seconds.<P>Cheers, 3MP

Hey, this could be a great thread, but should be on the General Forum to get more action. This could be a great event, and 3MP is right, go for the 1/4 mile time. My '11 Hudson can't reach 60mph, but it can sure as heck drive a 1/4. If somebody can figure a way to transfer to GF, let's meet there.

Ron, You are correct. I did put the question on the wrong forum-trying to do three things at once and fowled up on all three. Oh, well<BR>maybe Peter or 3MP knows how to cut and paste.<BR> Here is another<BR> 1929 Packard Super Eight----18.8 seconds<P>I agree on the quarter mile. I chose the 0-60 because there are more printed records<BR>for that catagory.