Wiper Problem, Not working on HI

Dashmaster

Been working on my Wipers. Here is the issue, with original motor if you turn wipers on low they would not park just stop where they were, Hi would not do anything but moved the wipers some. All of my switches appears to work properly. Bought replacement motor figuring the park switch was bad on the original. Installed new motor, Wipers worked on low and delay just fine. But not HI. I have all the access covers off. Observing the arm attached to motor when on low it rotates all the way round just fine, switch to HI it will make one loop around then makes a clicking noise in the motor and does not loop any more. Both Motors do this on HI. All the arms are free and have been lubricated and work without much resistance. Yes I know the replacement motor may not be good. Anything else I should consider. Also the HI fails with no wiper arms attached so they are not adding any load or resistance.

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance Wayne

Edited by Dashmaster (see edit history)

I think I found the HI issue. The arm that attaches to the motor then to the main arm where you make adjustments is rounded out at the motor shaft part enough that it will work on low but not on high. This is a lot like the headlight arm issue with one metal harder than another wearing out the part. . So Now I will have to see what I can find in my local Junk Yard. Or see if there is another way to repair this. Here are some picture of the part.

post-87347-143143066825_thumb.jpg

post-87347-143143066794_thumb.jpg

post-87347-143143066811_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dashmaster (see edit history)