1972 MERCEDES BENZ 280SE?

I am considering purchasing this car with 6-cylinder, fuel inj, lthr, 100k miles, and was wondering if maintence-wise how much trouble or money would it take to keep it in good condition, or how difficult would it be to work on it. I'd appreciate any opinions on the subject. confused.gif" border="0 <A HREF="http://adcache.collectorcartraderonline.com/10/5/4/26282454.htm" TARGET=_blank>1972 280SE</A>

J...<P>My father had a 2 seat MB roadster (1972). Cannot remember the model, however, it was a beautiful car. One thing I do know about MB is take the same advise I gave him: Take it to a MB dealer and let them check it over.<P>Unless you are an extremely good mechanic in your own right, I would not plan on doing your own work. As for the 100K miles, they are only broken-in at that point, however, you have no way of knowing how the previous owner took care of it, their driving habits (did they beat the hell out of it), and, so on.<P>Get it checked out first by someone in the know...<P>Regards, Peter J. wink.gif" border="0