Name that horn... Anyone got a guess?

RoadsterRich

I picked this horn up over the weekend at a garage sale. The honeycomb over the trumpet and the cloth wire caught my eye. Not sure what it might be for. It is made by "E A Laboratories". Appears to be a 6 Volt horn, I would assume after market. The price was right and it was just plain interesting. Now I am curious about application and vintage.<P>Here are some pictures:<P> eal1.jpg <BR> eal2.jpg <BR> eal3.jpg <BR> eal4.jpg <P>Any thoughts?<P>Rich

I agree with your assessment of the horn being aftermarket.<BR>This "trumpet" style of horn was popular in the 1937-1942 vintage and was used by many mfrs, Lincoln having quite the longest I've seen.<BR>Wonder if anyone out there has any accessory catalogues from that era? confused.gif" border="0

Thanks for the information. I also received an email that Hudson used EA Laboratories horns in their early years as OEM equipment. I'm learning more and more, but still know little about this horn. Thanks for everyone taking the time to look and read, sure hope a few more folks pop on with some information.<P>Rich