1950 DeSoto Steering Wheel

Guest Irv D

Looking to buy a 1950 DeSoto Steering whee, with or without horn ring and center buttonl. Must be in good to excellent condition, or with minimum cracking/missing pieces. I am not sure if the 1951 wheel is the same as for the 50, but if it is - I would be interested in purchasing. Will pay a reasonable asking price and shipping costs.

Sounds good. I appreciate your response. If you locate the wheel and can take a couple of pictures (front and back) - that would be super!! If you would rather, you can email me and attach the pics to the email. Might be easier to correspond that way. irv_dem@roadrunner.com.

Also, would want to know a price. Shipping would be to Queensbury, NY (zip 12804). If you want to talk directly, feel free to call me (518) 792-6830.

Irv D.

I may have a pretty decent one. (atleast from memory it looks just like the ones that came up on google images) I know it has a couple cracks but still pretty nice. I don't have the horn ring or button but it does have the moldings on it. I'll take a look back at the shop this afternoon.

Yes, you are correct. I did buy the rocker molding from you - also a horn relay off Ebay a while back. I have been meaning to stop up to see you, but been just one thing after another this past year. The photos would be good. I can pick up the steering wheel from you. Haven't been up to the "Burg" in a while, anyway.

Randy's Hot rods..........right?

Irv

I'll try to grab a couple of photos later today. I can ship it or you can pick it up if you want. I'm in Warrensburg. You bought a rocker molding off me for your Desoto a year or so ago, I believe.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Irv D
I believe I might have what your looking for?
Thanks for responding to my inquiry about wanting to purchase a 1950 DeSoto steering wheel.

From the looks of the pics you posted - it appears that the steering wheel pictured (red dashboard) is perhaps of a 1953 or 1954 and is DIFFERENT than that on a 1950/1951. However, one of the other pictures appears to be the rear (exterior, green color) of a 1950 or 1951 DeSoto. If you have a steering wheel from the green car (in decent condition) or other parts from that car, I would most likely be interested. Please send me a Private Message (PM) or call me (518) 792-6830 and we can discuss it further.

Thanks..............Irv D

• 2 weeks later...