Any pistons for '31 Dodge DG8?

Gunsmoke

I have a 1931 Dodge DG8 engine and need a set of pistons and wrist pins c/w locks (had been removed when I got engine). I plan using it in my Chrysler CD8 Roadster, early versions of the CD8 also used the 3" pistons. Anyone have any spares? Cylinders are clean and free of defects, measure just under 3&1/16" dia, I assume that is original spec.

I have a 1931 Dodge DG8 engine and need a set of pistons and wrist pins c/w locks (had been removed when I got engine). I plan using it in my Chrysler CD8 Roadster, early versions of the CD8 also used the 3" pistons. Anyone have any spares? Cylinders are clean and free of defects, measure just under 3&1/16" dia, I assume that is original spec.

Hi Gunsmoke.

I was in the same position as you having to find and rebuild an engine for my Dodge DC8.

I had a set of pistons made to suit the rebored block by JP Pistons in Adelaide, Sth. Australia. They came complete with rings and wrist pins (gudgeon pins).

Good luck with your project. You will have a very nice car when finished. I really enjoy our Dodge DC 8 roadster, and it certainly looks the part.

The only pistons I have are early DC 8 that are very well used and were the very early ones with the steel insert. The bore of the original engine was worn to the point of having a .019" taper.

Jim

Thanks for responding. I have access to a couple of DC8 engines, one of which is not seized, they taske smaller dia pistons I understand (2&7/8"?). I suppose there are piston makers in North America as well, but for now I'll seek out some good originals unless nothing shows up. Nice Roadster, that your's in the green Avatar?