64 riviera

jake1960

I just bought a 64 riv that has been sitting in a garage 22 years. First, where is the VIN#, I can't find one anywhere they would normally be. Can anyone tell me what years/models radiator and rear bumpers are interchangeable? Also there is damage to the body panel between rear bumper and trunk deck. Can this panel be purchased somewhere or do I need to find a body shop to staigten it? Thanks for any help. I'm glad I found this website!<BR>Jake<BR>smith@teisprint.com<BR>

Welcome Jake, The bumpers are 1963-64 only and the radiator is 63-65. (I am pretty sure in the 1965) It really shouldn't matter because you should be buying a new radiator or having yours rebuilt. I just got a Modine (original equipment on many new cars) from NAPA AUTO PARTS (1-800-let-napa) for my '65 Skylark that is perfect. The Buick 401 / 425 that is in your Riviera is a HOT running motor and needs the best radiator you can get. On the rear panel, I know of no one that makes it, but enless it is REALLY bad it can be repaired. I assume the rear has been hit by the bumper question. Any body shop can get your bumper straightened and rechromed. This is a standard of the industry procedure. You give them a folded in half and torn bumper....and they give you back a perfectly chromed and straight bumper! Check in yur yellow pages under "plating" or "chroming" or "bumper repair" How bad is it hit? Is the trunk floor damaged? As far as the VIN, that should be in the drivers door jam at the hinge post and then again on firewall above the brake booster. My brother sold his '64 Riv a while ago so I can't check for sure. <P>------------------<BR>buickfam@aol.com<BR>Life long Buick Fan.<BR>1965 Skylark H/T<BR>1965 Gran Sport Convertible<BR>1948 Chevy Pickup with 401 Buick.

By the way, if your bumper is really bad, I think I have a bumper for you. smile.gif<P>------------------<BR>buickfam@aol.com<BR>Life long Buick Fan.<BR>1965 Skylark H/T<BR>1965 Gran Sport Convertible<BR>1948 Chevy Pickup with 401 Buick.