type of roof on '53 cad eldo. conv.,cloth or nylon?

could someone please help us and let us know what type of roof came on a '53 cad eldorado conv.some say cloth others say nylon. Or info to where I could find out <BR>Thank you Matt

Try making contact with the Cadillac-LaSalle Club. They certainly would have the answer. Sorry I don't have an address. ~ Howard

Matt,<BR>I not sure how I missed seeing this one.<BR>You are being told correctly if you were asking what material was used in 1953 on Cadillacs in general. Both materials were used.<BR>The 1953 to 1955 Cadillac "standard model convertibles" used a vinyl or nylon top material. The 1953 Eldorado used a orlon fabric cloth. You could have in either black or white only. The Standard convertibles had other colors to the best of my memory. The 1954 and 1955 Eldorado also used orlon fabric. Orlon fabric casted a sheen in the fabric as not to be confussed with a Stayfast type fabric top. I'm not sure if it was 1956 or 1957 that all Cadillac convertible tops went to all vinyl.<BR>I have never done a restoration on a '53 Eldorado, but I have done both a 1954 and 1955 Eldorado.<BR>Hope this helped,<BR>Rick<BR>