28 ply fisher body

I am rebuilding a 28 plymouth coup with a wooden sub frame. Most of the frame is rotted away. I am trying to piece it together but need some photos or blue prints or something with a lot of detail for reference.

Some of the early workshop manuals had amazing detail on the wood frames in the body. Am not sure this applies to your Plymouth, but you could check with the AACA Library & Research Center to see what they have. Go back to the home page for this site and click on Library. Copy the research request form and snailmail it to Kim Miller at the library (sorry, but they are not on-line for email).

I did a 29 Ply coupe several years ago. I was fortunate to have some wood to go by. Sorry, I didn't make any drawings or blueprints, didn't think the call for Ply coupe plans would be that great. Did take a few photos but they really don't show too much. I've done several wood body cars and know what your'e going through. Take it easy and go slow. The average wood body takes me about 6 months nights and weekends. I can give you some pointers if you wish.

Guest tuckyman

This may be a lucky day for you I have a complete wood kit for a 28 Chrysler Model 52<BR>coupe and I also have the old wood. In 29 Chrysler changed this line to Plymouth I think your car is probably the same as mine<BR>I also have almost any part for the car from the frame up You can contact me at Tuckyman@prodigy.com or call 606-528-6223