Tailgate 150 handyman 1954

need information on part number for locking handle located in upper window area. It is a T handle with lock in center, present handle is I feel unuseable with a working lock, the lock plate is chromed into the handle. I would like to obtain a working lock for this vehicle, also interested in Body assy Manual for 54 wagon. Any help appreciated, Thanks<P>------------------<BR>Thomas D. Parkinson

Your part number for your handle is #4171992 this is for all station wagons 1947-1954.<P>Your cylinder lock number is #3692500 with same year usage.<P>You may want to check with your local automotive locksmith about repairing the cylinder, if thats all you need.<P>As for books, you can check with the many dealers listed in Hemmings or some of our past discussions here on the board that have some dealers listed.<P><P>------------------<BR>Rick Hoover<BR>AACA # 409952<BR>Hershey Region

I need the locking assembly, bolt and all for the lock have handle but it is not the best and won't operate the lock.<P>------------------<BR>Thomas D. Parkinson

• 10 years later...
Guest gemnewt

Hi

I'm new here and saw this post albeit it's old but I thought I might ask you this question anyway, i'm also looking for a lock assy. for the liftgate, with handles inside and out, for my '51 Chevy wagon, It seems I have called everyone and even registered with parts locator companies but to no avail all I really need is the inside handle and the little cam inside the lock which is made of pot metal and breaks quite easily but if I had to purchase the whole assy. as long as it operates well, I will. Do you think you can help? or point me in the right direction?

Thank You

gemnewt