Multi-disc wet clutch

I have a 12 Hudson with a multi disc wet clutch. Grabs and jerks badly. Planning on a rebuild. Can I do this or is it best to send to a clutch shop? Any recommendations on material to use? Thanks!

First you need to find out what's wrong. My '11 Hudson clutch is a dream to use. It's out of the car right now while I reworking the engine and transmission and looks good enough not to require any rebuild. Cork disks are in good shape. You may have to do any work yourself since it will take a real specialty shop for this type of clutch.

THE TYPE OF FLUID THAT YOU USE IN A "WET CLUTCH" HAS A GREAT INFLUENCE AS TO HOW THE CLUTCH PERFORMS.I KNOW THAT HUDSON SOLD A SPECIAL OIL FOR THEIR CORK CLUTCHES.I OWN A CAR THAT HAS A WET CONE CLUTCH.I HAVE TRIED DIFFERENT TYPES OF OILS,OIL-KERO,AUTO TRANS FLUID,AND HAVE FOUND THAT FORD ATF WORKS THE BEST FOR MY APPLICATION.I WOULD CHECK WITH OTHER HUDSON OWNERS TO FIND WHAT FLUIDWORKS FOR THEM,BEFORE I WOULD CONDEM YOUR CLUTCH TO A REPAIR JOB. PHIL

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the answer to all these problems. The Hudson Essex Club sells the original Hudsonite for the Hudson clutch. It is inexpensive and really is the original formula. The best(in my opinion) course on repairing or ajusting a Hudson clutch is to contact Doug Wildrick in Indianapolis who has the only Hudson Clutch repair shop that I know of. He is a good guy and can furnish anything you need.