What would be your idea for a new Buick?

Guest elk93001

Remember when we said" If a better car is built it will be a BuicK" I'm for the prestige of the '50's when Chevy was just another car, but a Buick was the king. Bring back the look of the 50's with portholes and chrome.'53-'54-'55 with the wraparound windshield of the Riviera and Skylark. Buick had one of their best selling cars in 1954 WHY??? I drove my '54 into a tire store and the kid working there was so amazed at the car. "What are the holes in the hood for?"<BR>I told him that flame shot out when I got cut off in traffic. Ha Ha!!

Guest Shaffer

I would like to see Buick make a full-size SUV with 4WD and V8 power- similar to the Surburban. Or I would like to see them start making a full-size RWD stationwagon, or even a Century stationwagon. The Buick Roadmaster Estate wagon of 1991-1996 are very good sellers as used cars. Wagons are in right now and I think Buick is missing out on this chance to sell SUVs and stationwagons.<p>[ 07-18-2002: Message edited by: Shaffer ]

Great topic. First of all, RWD is a must. Nothing with FWD that I've ever driven or ridden in can compare. Secondly, is it too much trouble to bring back chrome? All these plastic painted bumpers are bland and a parallel parker's nightmare. One bump, and its repaint time! Also, Some chrome/brushed aluminum on the dash would be nice as well. Providing a car is made distinctive enough, with styling cues from the past, I say bring back some classic nameplates-Wildcat, Centurion. Has anyone seen those mid '90's LeSabres with the Wildcat package? Basically a LeSabre with fender skirts and gold trim. Any thoughts?

A nice car would be a reliable, durable, stylish, powerful,rear wheel drive car. A Buick that Tiger Woods could consider driving instead of a Cadillac... He is paid for that after all but I understand him... At least he could drive an old Buick if he finds new ones boring! I'd like a car that is at least "near luxury" instead of a "fake luxury"! Fake wood, chromed plastic or that horrible gray thing that was applied on recent Park Avenue Ultras and Regals (is that fake carbon fiber!) is no more acceptable in these cars. People is bored of this stuff since the seventies! Buick used to be an innovative manufacturer The first to have "valve in head" engines, convertibles in 1927, torque converters in 1948, 2 and 4 door hardtops in 1949 and 1955 and buicks had almost always up to date or even sensationnal styling.

Guest Shaffer

In reguards to the white-walls- when I took my 1994 Chevrolet Lumina to get brand new tires on it a few months ago, I was going to tell them put the white-walls inside, but forgot. So, they did of course, put the white-walls out. Glad they did. Suprisingly makes it look better, but the front ones get black too fast. I guess they look better on some cars than they do others.

Guest Skyking

Tony, I believe thay sell an adapter you can put on the front rotor to stop the black getting on the wheels & tires.