1925 ER Standard Six for sale before July in Truro, Nova Scotia

Just received this from Graham Gagne in Canada.

"Hi everyone

Something you may be interested in or know of someone who might like a good pre-war Studebaker project.

A 1925 Studebaker ER Standard Six has appeared for sale in North River just outside Truro, Nova Scotia, Canada. The owner is moving and the car needs to be sold before the end of June. She believes it to be a President but, as far as I was able to find out Presidents didn’t appear until sometime in 1927. It appears to be the standard six model as it’s distributor is on the passenger side whereas the distributor was on the front of the special and big six engines. Again, I am no expert but this is what I can figure out.

The car has been sitting in an unheated garage since the 70s. It is beginning to show surface rust because of this. The body appears to be in very good condition. No major dents or much serious rust at all. The interior cloth is destroyed but, the wood work appears to be good. The car seems to be mostly there. A few parts are in boxes or lying about. The front bumper bars are there as is the tail light assembly. There is an extra transmission and clutch. The ownership was not transferred to the present owner so it will need to done before the car is purchased. It was last registered in 1976.

The owner does not know what to ask for the car so she is going with $8,000 which was suggested to her by someone. She is willing to consider offers. This appears to be an excellent candidate for a restoration of a pre-war Studebaker. A friend of the owner actually started the engine a short while ago. He only ran it very briefly for fear of causing damage.

I have posted a number of photos on the web at www.kgworks.ca/25standardsix

I have listed most of the details and most of the photos but, anyone can call me at 902-758-1210

The owner is Lois Roach. She is presently moving out of her home which is sold. You can try her at her old home number in the next few days at 902-893-1159 or you can try her cell at 902-956-8501

It would be an absolute sin if this Studebaker was lost for a street rod. It is in much too good shape not to be restored. BTW this is actually a Canadian model – note that the Studebaker emblem on the radiator shell is mounted crooked the Studebaker crest should slant from the bottom left to the upper right.

If you want this car act now as it must go before the end of June.

Graham"