vin number locations on 65 cadillac deville?

Guest classic.car.fan

Guest classic.car.fan

me and a friend of mine want to buy a 65 cadillac deville. we found a pretty good project for sale but it is missing the vin tag near the door.(car has been stripped down to be re painted) there was never one on the dash. the seller has an old pink for the car. but the car is out of the dmv system. and in order to reg the car the dmv has to match the vin. are there any other areas on the car that might have the vin? if not has anyone on here had any experience with registering a car with no vin that is out of the dmv system? thanks

Titles are the bane of my existence as a dealer and cause me more sleepless nights than anything else in my entire life. Here are my rules:

1. Don't buy any car with a problem VIN or title issue.

2. ESPECIALLY don't buy a project car with a problem VIN. You might spend a ton of money on it and then be stuck with it forever because it can't be sold.

3. Don't buy a car with a problem VIN that will take you months to sort out with the DMV with no guarantee that you'll ever be able to title it even if it's such a screaming bargain that you can finance a college education with it. IT IS NOT WORTH IT. EVER.

If this was a Duesenberg, sure, go for it. But for a car like this that'll never be worth more than $10,000, don't do it unless you intend to part it out. You will go insane trying to work with the DMV to get a title and there's always the possibility that the next buyer will balk at whatever situation you end up with, rendering the car completely unsellable. There's a reason it's cheap and it's not just because it's a project. Do not buy.

Guest classic.car.fan

Update. we bought the car. i found the vin on the chassis and i went to the dmv and they said it was fine. pretty nice project it runs and drives great. just needs to be painted and put back together.post-97794-143142479788_thumb.png

post-97794-143142479783_thumb.png