2007 Rendezvous

Guest OomPapa

Guest OomPapa

Looking for any help I can get. I've a 2007 Rendezvous. In January the car wouldn't start. Cranked like a mad man but wouldn't catch. Mechanic put in a fuel pump and until yesterday didn't have a problem. Now I have the same issues. Has anyone else experienced this issue and if so were you able to solve it. I'm afraid of mechanics nickel and dime death march. Thanks

Could be a bad pump. New parts have defects all the time. Check your fuel pressure. If your pressure is fine I would get the truck scanned. With today's live data scanners you can see what just about every electrical part on your vehicle is reading. If it's a spark issue or crank sensor the scanner should be able to catch that.

Another way to find out if it is the pump is to have someone listen near the fuel tank when you turn your key to the on position. You should be able to hear the pump turn on for a few seconds and back off.

As said above, you should hear the 3 second prime right when you turn on the key without trying to start the car. If you do not hear the prime, then an easy thing to check is the fuel pump relay. If that is good, then it probably the pump. You can jump the terminals at the relay connector to see if the relay turns on and if there is power at the relay. If not fix the power problem. If there is and you jump the relay and no pump run, then it is the pump.