pebble beach minerva

gilletman

Hello,,

1999 a Minerva with saouchik boddy 1927, won a price on pebble beach. owner was raimond katzell ho had an accident with this car and unfortunately died in it.

does someone has picteres of this car on pebble beach or from the accident? Maibel boll was first owner in US, before general jacob coxey.

car is now in Belgium under resauration.

would be happy with any info.

Guest R. W. Bibb

Being a Minerva Owner, I am very familiar with the car you mention. Dr. Katzell showed it at Pebble Beach in 1998 along with mine and 10 others.

I have known the car since about 1966 and have a lot of history on it. I used it as a reference while restoring my car. Let me know what you need and I will do my best.

FIRST I HAVE TO TELL YOU: Dr. Raymond Katzell was NOT killed in the wreck; he called me by telephone and told me all about the wreck. He was shipping in to a show

and had a commercial hauler tow his (Katzell's) trailer. It landed in the interstate median upside down. I know every owner of this car except the present one who "took it

back home." I went to our AACA library to see their Minerva info and found that I had more than they had. I shared with them. Dr. Katzell found it there which resulted

in his calling me ,which launched a friendship that ended too soon. I have several pics of his car plus all the Minervas which were at Pebble Beach.

My car is a 1929 AK with Hibbard & Darrin town car coachwork. The previous owner was a friend who bought it in 1939. He was 19 years old! I was restoring it when he died

so I bought it from his heirs. Maybe I should tell you why I know all this : I'm 84 years old and have worked in auto repair shops 71 years. Have owned my own

shop 47 years and still do some antique auto repair. I have a lot of Minerva pics and info in a scrapbook which I can e mail. I got into antique cars in 1951. A 1931 LaSalle

I still have it! My name is R. W. Bibb(another Raymond) but I go by Bill. E mail address is: lasalle1931@juno.com

Being a Minerva Owner, I am very familiar with the car you mention. Dr. Katzell showed it at Pebble Beach in 1998 along with mine and 10 others.

I have known the car since about 1966 and have a lot of history on it. I used it as a reference while restoring my car. Let me know what you need and I will do my best.

FIRST I HAVE TO TELL YOU: Dr. Raymond Katzell was NOT killed in the wreck; he called me by telephone and told me all about the wreck. He was shipping in to a show

and had a commercial hauler tow his (Katzell's) trailer. It landed in the interstate median upside down. I know every owner of this car except the present one who "took it

back home." I went to our AACA library to see their Minerva info and found that I had more than they had. I shared with them. Dr. Katzell found it there which resulted

in his calling me ,which launched a friendship that ended too soon. I have several pics of his car plus all the Minervas which were at Pebble Beach.

My car is a 1929 AK with Hibbard & Darrin town car coachwork. The previous owner was a friend who bought it in 1939. He was 19 years old! I was restoring it when he died

so I bought it from his heirs. Maybe I should tell you why I know all this : I'm 84 years old and have worked in auto repair shops 71 years. Have owned my own

shop 47 years and still do some antique auto repair. I have a lot of Minerva pics and info in a scrapbook which I can e mail. I got into antique cars in 1951. A 1931 LaSalle

I still have it! My name is R. W. Bibb(another Raymond) but I go by Bill. E mail address is: lasalle1931@juno.com

Thanks Raimond, this is fantastic news. The owner wil be verry pleased to have this info I did send you a private message. and congratulations that at you 84 you are stil working on the computer. wil get you in touch with the owner, if he alows it.

thanks again