Saxon on UK based forum

oldcar

Hi Bernie,

I think most of the oldclassiccar contributions are mine! I purchased my Saxon a couple of years ago, and have the car up and running, but have had problems with fuel supply (mostly!) caused by lack of use for the past forty years. It was sold to me as a runner, but since the throttle linkage was incomplete, and the tyres were old and crazed but had never been run, I think the vendor was a bit optimistic!!!!!

Here is a photo from this last year:

IMG_7749small_zpsbec166f1.jpg

Hello Mike

You are probably correct. Are you a member of the LC&ES? Where are you based in the UK?

Next question as your car is obviously a very early one, does it have the total loss/sight feed/drip lubrication or a sump and oil pump?

At present I do not own a Saxon and will really not be in a position to buy until we return home in August after our next visit to France and the UK with the Lagonda Rapier. I just hope that the vendor is willing to wait until then.

I know that sounds rather unfair but as one of the very few genuine impecunious enthusiasts left I have to be very careful how and when I spend my meagre resources.

Bernie J.

Edited by oldcar (see edit history)

Hi Bernie,

Yes, I have been an LC&ES member since the 'sixties; I am in Nottinghamshire - perhaps you'll be in the area sometime next year and you can have a look over the Saxon... and we can talk Rapiers, too, my father had a Rapier as our family car throughout the 1950s.

My Saxon has the total loss oil system - no oil pump - but I don't trust the vacuum control system, so just turn the tap on and off every few miles! The oil supply is contained in this cylindrical tank on the side of the engine:

IMG_4443.jpg