Torn Upholstery

Guest Jet

post-97844-14314229417_thumb.jpgI've got a little problem with my "upholstery" (if you want to call it that) right under my backseat window in my '67 Wildcat. The covering feels like some type of paper or other flimsy material and I'm not sure how I could fix this.

Guest my3buicks

you can buy that product and cut it to size, you may be even able to find someone reproducing them, I know you can for A bodies. It's actually a fairly easy fix.

you can buy that product and cut it to size, you may be even able to find someone reproducing them, I know you can for A bodies. It's actually a fairly easy fix.

Could you tell me where I could start? I have no idea what to Google to find something like that. What's this material even called?

Guest my3buicks

Let me do some looking for you, I a cooking today and have 16 people coming over so it may not be until the weekend. That area is called the package shelf or package tray. I believe the material is called hard board.

Maybe a company like this would have it or could make it - also a local upholstery shop could make one for you. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-1971-1972-70-Skylark-Special-GS-Shelf-Package-Tray-/290348981530?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item439a25dd1a&vxp=mtr#ht_5429wt_870

Edited by my3buicks (see edit history)

Thanks to both of you! I'll check out the art supply store first and if I don't find something that works I will see if someone can do it custom for me.