POR 15 Floor Pan

Guest Pearville

Guest Pearville

I have been reading up on POR 15, and saw the floor pan patch kit. Has anyone tried this on a crusty floor or even one with holes. I know cut and weld is the preferred fix, but as I am building a driver thought it might be worth a try. All comments appreciated.

Mike

POR 15 is an awesome product. It can stop rust, hide sins and even save sheetmetal that has manageable rust. That said, if your floors have rust through holes, I'd opt to get it fixed right through cut and weld. While POR 15 can halt the rust, you need strength in the floor. You butt will be sitting on those floors and if it were me, I'd rather be supported by steel than POR15. Just my opinion. PRL

Guest Pearville
POR 15 is an awesome product. It can stop rust, hide sins and even save sheetmetal that has manageable rust. That said, if your floors have rust through holes, I'd opt to get it fixed right through cut and weld. While POR 15 can halt the rust, you need strength in the floor. You butt will be sitting on those floors and if it were me, I'd rather be supported by steel than POR15. Just my opinion. PRL

Thanks, I think I will end up with welded patch panels and then the POR 15 to seal everything. Mike

Por-15 is a great product but it can not take UV light. If painted in an area that is exposed to UV light, put a top coat of paint on it. Por-15 works best on bare metal. The Por-15 putty can be used to patch tiny holes and can actually be drilled and tapped as it is very strong. As petelempert said if you have serious rust, cut and weld is the best.

Guest Pearville
Por-15 is a great product but it can not take UV light. If painted in an area that is exposed to UV light, put a top coat of paint on it. Por-15 works best on bare metal. The Por-15 putty can be used to patch tiny holes and can actually be drilled and tapped as it is very strong. As petelempert said if you have serious rust, cut and weld is the best.

Don, Does the POR 15, set up in the can after its opened, or can you save the remainder for later use? The video's are unclear on this.

Guest REX STALLION

Yes you can save the remainder when done (good thing as it`s expensive) A wee trick when using POR 15 is to put a piece of plastic (sandwich wrap,shopping bag ) under the lid when closing up the can. This will save the can as the lid will bond to the can if there is any residual product on the lip .