LED lights

odat

Has anyone used ,or does anyone know if the new 6 volt LED bulbs work ? I want to Drive the 32 under restoration at night. I know the modern LED are ver bright and give off great light. I do not know if they give off heat and if there are any problems involved. The cost is high but if it makes for safer night driving it would be worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

How do you change polarity on the socket in a taillight, a smoky situation at best. Very difficult to remove the epoxy material that holds the LED light in a 1156/1157 base and redo it. Would not work in my pos. ground car. POINT WAS: be careful to advise the dealer that they are for positive ground, I didn't.

Steve,you are correct: If they are made that way, they will work.

All I have ever seen on the internet are generic and if they don't say~~guess how they are assembled: neg. ground ! Never seen one advertised for positive ground. The freight to return to dealer is more than they cost so you have to eat them or use on a neg. ground car. I wound up using 'hot rod' bright bulbs-basically double wattage on tail & brake; they are brighter. Also, I cement bright alum foil to the inside housings of almost all antique cars I have. Also, I use 1-1.5" magnetic tape across complete bumper with red/white alternating reflecting tape stuck on that when I am running at night; visible for about 1/2 mile !!!

EDIT: Here is a place that has 10 watt 6 volt Positive Ground LED lights; know nothing about them, or if the base will fit {expensive} Scroll down some to that listing. But they could be someone to talk to>>>> http://classicautobulbs.com/6volt.html

Edited by Franklin31
info (see edit history)