FOR SALE--1962 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe

post-49040-143142218954_thumb.jpg

FOR SALE--1962 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe, 1 of 7,500 built, Willow Mist (light metallic mint green) with Provincial White roof.

The good: Car was built in Arlington, Texas, southern car though its life. Approximately 46,000 miles; features include factory air conditioning (may need attention), power steering, power brakes, power windows, six-way power seat. No rust, solid frame and floors, nice brightwork, body is in excellent condition, solid bumpers. Excellent interior recently refurbished with brand new seats, carpeting, headliner, package tray, and all brand new rubber seals, trim, etc. on entire car.

The not-so-good: Car will need its original 394 Skyrocket engine (with 4-barrel carburetor) rebuilt.

Some more good: Other recent work under the hood includes new radiator, water pump, fan clutch, heater valve, thermostat, fuel pump, all new fuel lines brand new back to tank, new sock in fuel tank. Additional parts include extra seat material, rocker moulding, NOS door mouldings, plus other items.

Car located just south of Chicago, asking $13,500. Contact Dave at 708/889-1357; best time to call is after 7 pm Central Time, please leave message if necessary. Here's a chance to own a rare and desireable Oldsmobile that would provide years of enjoyment upon completion of engine work.

post-49040-143142218914_thumb.jpg

post-49040-143142218922_thumb.jpg

post-49040-14314221893_thumb.jpg

post-49040-143142218938_thumb.jpg

post-49040-143142218946_thumb.jpg

As an FYI, I will be at Fall Hershey Wednesday through Friday at the swap meet, Saturday on the show field (with my white '62 Olds Dynamic 88 Fiesta station wagon). I will have flyers for this car should anyone need to pick one up; my cell phone is 330/388-0192. Thanks, and hoping that everyone has a safe trip to and from this year's Fall Meet.

• 1 month later...
The engine block is apparently cracked; the air condition likely just needs a re-charging. I would contact Dave as recommended for further details.

Update on this vehicle; the current owner has located an Oldsmobile 394 V-8 engine, and plans to have the vehicle available for sale once the engine work has been completed, likely not until at least Spring of 2014. I will update accordingly...