Need assistance ID,ing 28 DB

Guest Steve_Wilson

Guest Steve_Wilson

I have a 1928 DB sedan and need assistance in IDing the car so I can begin ordering necessary parts and pieces! Anyone know where and from whom I can get good info ! Body tag on inside floor reads J-12295, Motor reads J22-525, fire wall has a number stamped in it 9987 The car has a 110 inch wheel base....................Any assistance appreciated! and would like recommendations for mechanical and electrical restoration parts. I've been calling around but everyone i've called seem to have part time business' and don't answer phone calls. Thanks in advance for any help

Hello Steve, how about some pictures of the car, sounds like a standard six introduced second month of 1928 thru last month of same year. Serial numbers for car started at J-1001 and ended at J- 75519. Good info is hard to come by but ask your questions here and I am sure someone will be able to help.

Try DBC site which references vendors. Myers Early Dodge, Romar and others are well known and valued in the hobby. Top notch. Also join the club for $ 25/yr. Buy the back issues of the mag on CD and especially the excellent Victory 6 CD put together by John Bittence the long time editor. Yes I know you have a Std. 6. I do as well: a 4 door sedan. But many items cross reference among the 6's; Std., Sr. and Vic. Best wishes. Paul B