1923 Packard 126

oldcar

I feel that I should make some personal explanation. My nerves are just returning to normal after being led a merry dance by a person that I can only describe as a scammer. I am lucky to still have my Packard.

A person claiming to be a well known Czech Ice Hockey Champion of International renown had over a period of two months negotiated to buy the Packard, which he was to pay a $20,000 deposit and the balance on presentation of the Bill of Lading, a document the shipping company issues AFTER the ship has sailed. Fortunately I was rather reluctant to see the ship sail away with my car on it still unpaid for in full. I decided to at least wait until the deposit money was actually in my bank account. THIS NEVER ARRIVED. The very official "Bank document" he had e-mailed to me was a fake. In the process of negotiating he introduced a third party (his father-in-law) who was claimed to be the proprietor of a large "on-line" toys and novelty goods store also in the Czech Republic. Both these people actually exist but I very much doubt that they are the people I was dealing with. The supposed "Ice Hockey Champion" sends e-mails in Broken English sometimes two a day demanding more photographs and proof of ownership and the vendors credibility. Proof that he can trust you!

Just be warned!

oldcar.