Vent window rubber.

Guest REX STALLION

Guest REX STALLION

Greetings folks, I am replacing a broken vent window on my `64 . It seems like a good time to replace the sealing rubber. Has anyone done this repair , if so, what should I be aware of? Also, I guess I need to know the best vendor for these as well . thanks in advance, Scott

I haven't done my Riviera yet. I have done Caddies. It is fussy work. Use straight dish washing liquid as a lubricant and break up some pieces of shingle shim stock to use for "poking in" tools. They like to pucker around the pivot points.

Lynne Steele lists them. That would be my choice. The other company told me my Riviera had been in an accident and both sides of the roof had been shortened 2 inches when their roof rail rubbers didn't fit. If it doesn't say Steele you paid too much.

Bernie

Guest REX STALLION

Thanks Bernie I will look at Steele. I took apart the vent window assembly this morning ( I took off the door skin to do some other work) It came out with no trouble. I had to remove the window because the pivot on the top was broken . If you take out the regulator , two 1/4x20 round head machine screws, and one very small machine screw right at the top, the assembly comes right apart. I have another window to replace the one with the broken pivot so after the rubber gets here , it`s pull out the old, put in the new ...way easier than I thought