36 buick series 40 bumper

Guest essox

Guest essox

Really!!!! Nobody knows what the rear bumper bracket bolts to between the bracket and frame member? Thought I had all the pieces but maybe not. If anybody knows I would appreciate it. Tks

Guest KeithElwell

I have the parts that I believe you are referring to. They resemble a large old wooden sewing spool. I will sketch one and post it.

Guest KeithElwell
post-43647-143141828051_thumb.jpgHere's the bumper spacers I have. I assume they are correct for 1936 Buick. I have seen them on other 36 Buicks. Hope this helps.

Guest essox

Tks for the info. I actually found them in the many boxes of unknown parts that are here. Now onto the project. Tks again.

Guest KeithElwell

There are large rubber grommets that go around these steel spacers as you install the spacers and bumper brackets. If you don't install the grommets at that point you will need to disassemble to get them in. The grommets close out the gap around the spacers and the body. The front grommets are different from those for rear.

Guest essox
Didn't know about grommets--Do you know who reproduces?

Rod

Steele rubber out of North Carolina has many reproduction rubber products for our old loves.

Guest born2lose

I got mine for my 36 3 window coupe from steele rubber.. there excellent repos, as a matter of fact I got all my rubbers for the 36 from them. there a little more pricer than metro, but well worth it, you can also purchase them through bobs automobilia. Good luck!

Thanks--didn't understand at first. These are the grommets which hides the hole where the bracket passes thru the body to frame I assume. I have those--somehow I thought rubber gasket for spacer. Thanks for the response.