1989 Fuel Injectors

sosuzguy

I am wanting to change out the 127k mile 24 yoa injectors. I have not even checked yet to see if GM still carrys them. My experience with Riviera is I had to use aftermarkets and some tended to work better than other applications.

What new injectors have you all used that is the best match for the car? Thank you in advance.

Are you sure you need to change them? Is it acting up, or preventative maintenance reasons? I ran my '92 3800 216,000 miles and never changed them and it ran fine till I gave it away for parts. I ran Seafoam through the '99 SA and it seems to do fine at 200,000 miles. I know replacing them "can" make improvements but are you sure you need them?

Yes I want to change them. I have an unstable idle what goes in a pattern. Does fine at throttle. They are not spraying all the same or are unbalanced. My mechanic next door thinks so too. Plus I had finally changed the injectors on the t-type last thing... boy did it make a difference on that car. those injectors only had about 10k miles on them but they were old and out of balance. It was part of a driveability problem I chased for years after they were never suspected to be bad.