Super brass era wicker cased picnic set on e-bay

Please see e-bay auction which ends next Sunday night at this link;

Awesome Brass Era Wicker Cased Automobile Picnic Set 1900's Brooks Bros GWS s Co | eBay

This set is fresh to the market having been purchased from an estate on Mount Desert Island <st1:State w:st="on"><ST1:place w:st="on">Maine</ST1:place></st1:State> – the reserve is set to cover my purchase price only and it is quite low compared to the intense quality of this set. Please look over all 12 pictures and ask questions before bidding.

<O:p></O:p>

Here's everyone's chance to own a very nice & complete set for six which includes the following items:

<O:p></O:p>

*(6) Forks

*(6) Knives

*(6) Spoons

*(1 each) Salt & Pepper spoons

*Note - All silverware is hallmarked "G W S & S" on reverse which I’ve been told is for the George W. Scott & Sons company out of Birmingham England - the knives also have the full company logo etched into the Sheffield Steel blades, the same logo is also found on the bottom of the two crockery jars and the case liner. I’ve not tested to see if the cutlery is silver, and I would not be surprised if it were but I am selling this as unknown and let you be the judge on that.

(1) Copper & Brass Teapot with rattan covered handle and internal tea strainer – it is marked "G W S & S" and the bottom finish is clean as if it were unused

(1) Alcohol burner with snuff cover & holder for teapot – the burner has been used

(1) Alcohol fuel tank for burner which fits inside the holder – small corrosion on bottom of this

(1) Can & bottle opener marked "Clipper" and "Best Sheffield Steel"

(6) 7 1/2" Diameter porcelain plates - unmarked

(6) 7" Diameter porcelain plates marked “<ST1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">Sweden</st1:country-region></ST1:place>”

(6) Porcelain saucers - unmarked

(6) Porcelain tea cups marked “<ST1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">Sweden</st1:country-region></ST1:place>”

(3) Graduated in size porcelain boxes with silvered spring-loaded covers marked “Rd. No. 300244”

(6) Drinking glasses- there are 2 sets of 3 sizes which are graduated to fit into each other - all 6 with rattan coverings - I’ve noticed only two tiny rim chip to one of the largest glasses

(1 each) Salt & pepper jars - rattan covered with silvered lids that are made to fit into each of the drinking glass sets

(1 each) Butter and Preserves crockery jars with lids and leather straps to hold lids in place - one lid is chipped as can be seen in the pictures. Both have the company logo and are marked “Rd. No. 184988”

(1) Padlock with the key – the lock is marked “hand made”

These items are fitted into a 27" x 17" x 12" high natural wicker chest having 2 handles at the ends, 2 flip-latches marked “Scott’s Patent” with a steel rod which passes thru these to the lock, mentioned above, and there is also a leather strap & buckle around the set to secure it to an automobile running board or trunk rack - the leather strap is dry and crackled with a rust stain where the buckle & rod come together. The inside of the set has the George Scott company logo imprinted on one side of the liner and the Brooks Brothers logo on the other.

post-31809-143141770789_thumb.jpg

post-31809-143141770793_thumb.jpg

post-31809-143141770795_thumb.jpg