1990 Reatta Convertible for sale in AZ

Guest Sidney22

White w tan top, likely tan interior, nice combination. Once again, we see a seller using a FREE marketplace that allows 6 or so FREE high resolution photos and as many FREE paragraphs of information as they choose to include, writing about 10 words and providing 2 photos. This is way too common on CL, and requires a follow up email, which, if we take the ad as a guide - will result in additional minimal information being provided.

Bryan, You are describing exactly how my current car was listed on CL. A follow up email went unanswered and a new ad included new wording, "Don't email me with a bunch of stupid questions". I almost passed it up. I swallowed my anger and made an appointment to go see the car without mentioning my email. I found a 1 owner car with only 87K well cared for miles that came with complete documentation. The owner was just eccentric, go figure.

I agree when the ad is free you should give as much information as you can. Some people became accustomed to the old newspaper ads where you were charged by the character. Others are just lazy. Another peeve of mine is how they don't list pertinent information like price or mileage. It's like they think that if they just get you to call they can talk you past the fact that it is overpriced or has 250,000 miles.

Every car I have ever sold (and there have been a lot) I sold to the first person who came and looked at it. I figure if I describe the car accurately, answer as much as I can before they come honestly, I only get lookers who are really interested. I also clean and detail the car before they come so it shines like a bright new penny. Too often I went to look at cars that haven't been vacuumed in years and there is food gunk trapped in the creases of the seats. I figure if they can't take any care to sell their car, they haven't taken care of the car during their ownership either. My first Reatta was one of these. I purchased it off Ebay in Chicago over 10 years ago. I had it inspected by a local Buick dealer before agreeing to purchase. When I arrived to drive it home to Seattle, I found a filthy interior, bad struts and no license plates. I amost walked away from the deal and hopped on my return flight home. The dealership missed the bad struts. They were so bad that I had to stop halfway home and get them replaced just to make the remaining trip comfortable. The car did turn out to be an OK car and I enjoyed the next few years of ownership but I'll never buy an out of state car on Ebay again.