1941 (?) Studebaker Truck - How do I figure out it's value?

Guest rbj_89910912

Guest rbj_89910912

My mom has a Studebaker truck that I would like to purchase from her, but neither of us has any clue what it might be worth. I believe it is a 1941, but I could be mistaken. It doesn't run and might have a bad transmission. Other than the year and exact model, what sort of information will be helpful in determining it's value and who would be able to tell me the value once I have all the right information?

(Please excuse me if I sound kind of ridiculous, I am young woman who doesn't really know anything about cars/trucks.)

Welcome! Lucky for you Studebaker trucks are not worth a ton of money. We would need more information to make even an wild guess as to the value of your truck. Year, model, serial number, and lots of pictures would help the most. You might check out Hemmings Motor News and E-Bay to look for what similiar vehicles are going for.

Another lucky break for you is the avid and friendly Studebaker community. You have found this pre-war forum. There is also a place where truck nuts hang out:

Studebaker Truck Talk

And the Studebaker Drivers Club which you should join if you buy the truck:

Studebaker Drivers Club Forum

By the way rust is what kills these cars. Even if your engine and transmission are totally trashed you can replace them for not a lot of money. But if the truck needs a lot of metal work that is a much more expensive problem. If this is your first old car then this will be a very exciting and educational experience for you. Just be realistic. That truck is from a time when technology and shop labor rates were vastly different than they are today. If you have to pay someone to fix it it will be expensive not only to get it running but also to keep it running. Worth it to us but you should realize what you are getting into. Post more information and we will be glad to share what we know. Heck, many of us are willing to share what we don't know!

Nathan