Jump to content

1937 de Soto convertible parts needed

Guest hine62

Recommended Posts

Does anyone have or know where a parts car in the range of 1936-1939 (Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, or de Soto) could be found? May also be able to use a two door coupe.

Here are the part/body pieces needed:

1. floor replacement

2. section from drivers side door post back to fender. Just lower section about 8 inches up.

3. Rear wheel well including where body frame meets

4. front bumper and brackets.

This is our first project car, so we may also need some old car junk yards locations. We do need some other parts.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

1. Floor sections from 1937-1938 Chrysler, Dodge, Desoto Convertible coupe and convertible sedan and 1937-39 Plymouth convertible coupe and sedan should work. Closed cars have a different floor. This might be something that you would have to have fabricated.

2. Quarter patch from 1937-38 Chrysler, Dodge, Desoto coupe or convertible coupe should be the same. Perhaps 2 door sedan as well.

3. Rear wheel well from any 1938-38 Chrysler, Dodge, Desoto coupe or convertible coupe should fit.

4. Front bumper would be 1937 DeSoto only. Bracket might be same accross 1937-38 Chrysler, Dodge, Desoto and Plymouth, but not 100% certain.

This place might have a source of sheetmetal patches you need: http://home.comcast.net/~hsherman/37.39PlyDodgeCatalog.pdf

I do have a question for you: does your car have the top retaining clamps on top of the windshield, or some sort of wing bolt to keep the top latched on the windshield frame? I am looking for information for my 1938 Chrysler convertible, and would like some photos of the area, and sun visor brackets, if they are there. I'm missing a bunch of parts, and would like to know what they should look like.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest hine62

Thanks for the info. I'll have some pics for you tomorrow. We have a 1938 Chrysler manual that may have info for you. I'll check on that tomorrow too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest hine62

Here are the pics of the convertible top where it connects above the windshield.


There is a piece of wood that goes across the top of the windshield and attaches to the top's frame. The above pic is where the top is fastened to the windshield frame. It's shaped like an "L" on the side. The little hole is where the wing nut screw goes when the top is up. There were only two, one on each side.


This pic shows the wood going across. (What's left of it anyway.) We have both pieces of wood (front and back), but they need to be fabricated.

Hope this helps.


P.S. The visors are missing! I guess I'll be looking for them now too...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...